Charleston Fancy Rabbit Breeders
INVITES YOU TO OUR
Saturday Daytime Show
August 12, 2017 at 9 AM
Double Open, Double Youth
Air Conditioned Building
At the Exchange Park, 9850 Hwy 78
Ladson, South Carolina, 29456
The following breeds will be sanctioned in Open Shows A and B: Beveren; Californian; Dutch; English Lop; English Spot; Flemish Giant; Himalayan; Holland Lop*; Jersey Wooly*; Lion Head; Mini Lop; Mini Rex*; Netherland Dwarf*; New Zealand; Polish; Rex; Silver Fox; Tans. (* denotes youth sanction breeds).
This list subject to change upon request. These sanctions are based on the number of animals shown in each breed in our previous show. If you would like a breed sanctioned other than those listed, please contact us! Specialty club sanctions are for National Clubs sweepstakes points only. All breeds may be shown and ARBA legs will be issued for all ARBA recognized breeds, sanctioned or not.
You must provide a copy of the working standard for breeds and/or varieties not yet accepted.
There will also be a BEST Junior Show during the day with proceeds to be split 50/50 between the winning exhibitor and the club (day of show entry only).
Judges: Carol Hooks, NC; Danny Long, OH; Jacinta Taulbee, OH;
Sue Rice, NC; Bill Whaley, NC
Entry fee for all shows: Open, Youth, & Best Junior Show, all $4.00 per entry.
Show Secretary: Lisa Wilson, 162 Dow Court, Green Cove Springs, FL 32043.
Email: Gentlegiants@bellsouth.net, 904-318-2600
Entry Deadline for phone entries: Wednesday, August 9th at 12:00 PM.
Entry Deadline for email entries: Wednesday, August 9th at 8:00 AM.
A registrar will be available to register your rabbits. Be sure to bring your ARBA card, pedigree, and $6 for each rabbit you wish to register.
Double Open, Double Youth Show
Awards will be given for BIS’s, Best Reserve’s for all shows. Awards for BOB and BOS for all breeds shown in Open Show A & B and Youth Show A & B regardless the number of rabbits shown in breed. Ribbons will be available for 1st thru 3rd place in all Youth shows.
The showroom will open at 7 AM with a check-in deadline of 8 AM. Please be prompt so the show can start on time. Rabbits may be left in the showroom between 4 and 8 PM Friday night. Let us know if you are leaving rabbits on Friday when you enter your rabbits. You may leave your rabbits in the showroom on Saturday night but they must be picked up by 10:30 AM on Sunday. Please contact us if you have any special needs or concerns.
The kitchen will open at 7:30 AM for your convenience and remain open all day. There will be breakfast items, lunch items, salads, desserts, drinks, & snacks available for a nominal donation.
We always have a very nice raffle table and Silent Auction.
See below for details about our vendor!
OFFICIAL ARBA SANCTIONED SHOW
Eric Stewart, Executive Director, P O Box 5667, Bloomington, IL 61702
Ph: 309-664-7500, www.arba.net
Dues: Adult: Individual $20 per Year, $50 for 3 years
Husband/Wife: $30 per Year, $75 for 3 years
Youth: $12 per Year, $30 for 3 years
Family: Single Adult $20 plus $5 per youth
Husband/Wife Family $30 plus $5 per youth
Sanctions: $25 Open or Specialty, $40 Combined Open & Youth, $20 Youth or Youth Specialty
The ARBA National Convention for 2017 will be held in Indianapolis, IN
October 1-5, 2017
OFFICIAL SHOW RULES
1. This show will be governed by the latest revised rules of the ARBA. Filing of an entry indicates acceptance of these rules and those listed below.
2. The CFRBA and the Exchange Club Park are not responsible in the case of fire, accident, or providential destruction; however, every precaution has been taken to safeguard the exhibitors and their property.
3. Please check your check-in sheets for corrections and changes before judging of your breed begins. No changes except for ear number corrections can be made after judging of breed and class has begun unless it is a show secretary error.
4. This is a carrying cage show. DROP PANS ARE REQUIRED.
5. Each class will be called three times and then judged. CFRBA requires a youth to carry rabbits to the judging table in the youth show. CFRBA will provide assistance to anyone needing help to get their rabbits to the show table upon request.
6. All rabbits MUST BE PERMANENTLY AND LEGIBLY EARMARKED in the rabbit’s left ear and the bonafide property of the exhibitor. Only rabbits owned by youth may be exhibited in the youth shows.
7. Anyone indicating ownership of a rabbit on the judging table or harassing the judge will be disqualified. All fees and winnings will be forfeited. No exhibitors are allowed behind the table without the consent of the judge, show secretary, & show superintendent.
8. Any rabbit showing signs of disease or sickness may be removed from the showroom and all entry fees forfeited.
9. PARENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS OF THEIR CHILDREN. If you are unable to control your child, you will be asked to leave the premises. This is for your child’s safety as well as the safety of all present.
10. If you leave your animals in the showroom on Friday night, between 5 PM and 8 PM, they must be dropped off no later than 8 PM. The building and grounds will be locked after that. Please let us know when you send in your entries if you plan on doing so.
11. The showroom opens at 7 AM Saturday. You may check your animals in anytime after 7 AM. Order of judging will be determined after all entries are in. Check-In deadline is 8 AM. The show will start promptly at 9 AM. Please be ready.
12. If you leave your animals in the showroom Saturday night, please pick them up no later than 10:30 AM on Sunday.
13. The ARBA host club reserves the right to refuse entries from exhibitors placing an entry from all locations within 150 miles which has had a confirmed outbreak of RHD/RCV/VHD within the past 60 days of the entry deadline.
14. CFRBA reserves the right to hire and use judges as needed due to the number of entries received.
15. Emergency Showroom phone number is 843-371-9293.
Charleston Fancy Rabbit Breeders wish to thank all of the exhibitors who support our club and our show. Without you, the show would not be possible. THANK YOU!
Wilson’s Custom Cages and Oxy-Gen for Rabbits and Cavies
Donnie Wilson, 904-282-2485 email@example.com
Lisa Wilson, 904-318-2600 firstname.lastname@example.org
Pre-orders are Welcome.
From Columbia, SC take I-26 East to Charleston. Exit at College Park Rd & Exchange Club Fairgrounds,
Ladson, (Exit 203). Turn right. Go to the 1st stoplight (Hwy 78) and turn right. Proceed approximately ½ mile to the fairgrounds on the right. Take the second entrance (right turn) to the fairgrounds (Gate #1 Main Entrance).
Turn left at first gate to the left to handicapped parking (follow signs). Unloading of rabbits may be done at the front of the building, but parking must be in back in the grass parking lot. CFRBA members will be available to help unload your rabbits.
If you are coming from somewhere along the coast on Hwy 17 follow the directions to Charleston. When you reach Charleston follow the road directions to get onto I-26 heading West. You will still get off on College Park Rd (Exit 203) but will turn left onto College Park Rd. Go over the interstate and follow the above directions to Hwy 78 and the fairgrounds.
If you are coming to Charleston on I-95, go the appropriate direction to reach the I-95 & I-26 interchange.
Take the exit going East to Charleston and follow the directions as if coming from Columbia.
Exit 203: College Park Rd
Days Inn- 119 Gateway Dr., Ladson 29456, PH 843-797-1214 No Pets Allowed Rabbits may be left at Exchange Fairgrounds before 8 PM
Best Western - 747 Treeland Dr., Ladson 29456, PH 843-553-8888 Per Rabbit Fee
KOA Campground- 9494 HWY 78, Ladson 29456, PH 843-797-1045
Exit 199A: I-26 & 17A South- 4 miles to fairgrounds on HWY 78 from 17A
Econo Lodge- 110 Holiday Inn Dr., Summerville 29483, 843-875-3022,
Will give a group rate with at least 5 rooms booked. Pet Fee negotiable for caged animals.
Holiday Inn Express- 120 Holiday Inn Dr., Summerville 29483, PH 843-875-3300 or 800-972-2513, Pet Fee
Sleep Inn- 115 Holiday Inn Dr., Summerville 29483, PH 843-851-9595, Per Rabbit Fee
Quality Inn- 1005 Jockey Ct, Summerville 29483, PH 843-851-2333 or 800-446-3006 Pet Fee
Exit 209: I-26 & Ashley Phosphate Rd-
Motel 6, 2551 Ashley Phosphate, No Charleston 29418, 843-572-6590, No Fee for Caged Rabbits
If booking with Days Inn or Econo Lodge, reservations made the sooner, the better for special rates.
Rates are best if booked online at Trivago or Booking.com. None of the hotels will give us special discount rates unless we pre-book a large number of rooms. Book early for best rates!
American Beveren Rabbit Club: Meg Whitehouse, 732-547-7404, A-$5, Y-$3, H/W-$7.50, F-$7.50+$2 per Y
Californian Rabbit Specialty Club, Inc: Jerry Hicks, A-$10, Y-$5, H/W-$15, F- $15+$2 per Y
American Dutch Rabbit Club: Janet Bowers, 517-449-8341, A-$15, Y-$13, H/W-$19, F-$25,
Lop Rabbit Club of America: Sandy Bennett, A-$15, Y-$10, H/W-$20, F-$20 + $5 per Y,
American English Spot Rabbit Club: Michael C. Wiley Sr., A-$15, Y-$12, H/W-$18, F-$25 +$2 per Y;
National Federation of Flemish Giant Rabbit Breeders: Wayne Bechdel,570-769-6059, A, H/W or Y-$20, F-$22+$3perY
American Himalayan Rabbit Assoc.: Errean Kratochvil, 727-686-9075, A-$10, Y-$8, H/W-$12, F-$12 + $2 per Y
Holland Lop Rabbit Specialty Club: Pandora Allen, 757-421-9607, A-$15, Y-$12, H/W-$19, F-$22
National Jersey Wooly Rabbit Club: Shonna Ausbourne, A-$15, Y-$12, F-$25
The North American Lionhead Rabbit Club: Theresa Mueller, A-$20, Y-$15, 2 or more same address-$25; email@example.com
American Mini Lop Rabbit Club: Judy Todd, 765-482-3921, A-$15, Y-$12, H/W-$19, F-$25
National Mini Rex Rabbit Club: Doug King, 559-787-2588, A- $25, Y-$25, H/W-$30, F-$30
American Netherland Dwarf Rabbit Club: Susan Clarke Smith, 828-586-9698, A-$15, Y-$10, F-$20 (2) +$5(3)
American Federation of New Zealand Rabbit Breeders: John T Neff, 407-349-0450, A-$15, Y-$13, H/W-$17, F-$28 firstname.lastname@example.org
American Polish Rabbit Club: Patti Walthrop, 817-312-0305, A- $10, Y-$8, H/W-$12, F-$15
National Rex Rabbit Club: Arlyse DeLoyola, A-$15, Y-$15, $3 each additional person
National Silver Fox Rabbit Club: Deb Dvorak, 919-353-9200, A- $10, Y-$7.50, H/W- $12, F- $12 + $3 per person email@example.com
American Tan Rabbit Specialty Club: Paula Schultz, 845-744-3900, A-$13, Y-$10, H/W-$17, F-$20